Norfolk International Airport (NIA) has kept up with the increasingly brisk pace of the air cargo industry by housing one of the most modern and efficient air cargo facilities in the state of Virginia. Approximately 70 million pounds of air cargo are presently shipped in and out of the Airport. All-cargo airlines serve NIA including FedEx, Mountain Air and United Parcel Service, and are supported by a large network of forwarders and customs brokers specializing in air freight.
NIA's two modern air cargo terminals provide users with 88,000 square feet of space and can handle all air freight from the largest shipment of massive industrial machinery to the smallest shipment of delicate perfume and fresh seafood. And an adjacent aircraft ramp provides direct access from plane to warehouse. Specific dimensions and additional amenities include:
- Bays 2,000 feet or larger
- Bay depths of 85 to 100 feet
- Modern offices with attractive entrances and signs
- Flexible design to deliver efficient cargo handling
- Flexible office space availability
- Parking: aircraft, truck and customer
- 16-foot minimum clear height
- A 48-inch-high truck dock with 8-by-10 overhead doors
- Ground level loading with 10-by-10 drive-in doors
- Full sprinkler system
- Complete accessibility for aircraft
For more information on the Norfolk International Air Cargo Terminal, call Aeroterm  at (410) 280-1100 or the Norfolk Airport Authority at (757) 857-3351. For a list of air cargo terminal tenants and airlines go here .