First Aid & Medical
- The safety of travelers at Norfolk International Airport is our utmost priority. Norfolk Airport Authority's first responders (fire and police) are on duty 24 hours daily. The dispatch telephone number to report an emergency or request assistance is(757) 857-3223.
- Norfolk Airport Authority maintains a 24-person fire department specially trained in aircraft rescue and firefighting. The Authority also maintains a fully-accredited, State certified police department consisting of 37 officers and 7 dispatchers.
- All Airport firefighters have completed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training and certification as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Airport firefighters and police officers are certified to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use Automated External Defibrillators (AED) to treat sudden cardiac arrest. Twenty-six AED devices are located throughout the Airport terminals.
- Advanced emergency medical response and transport is provided by Norfolk Fire and Rescue.
- Passengers traveling with medications and medical devices should consult the TSA's website for information and instructions.
- Passengers traveling with portable oxygen concentrators must contact their airline to insure that portable oxygen is approved for in-flight use.
- Skycaps provide wheelchair assistance for passengers within the airport terminals and to/from garages and parking lots. To pre-arrange services contact the airlines.
- Contact Info: American - 800-433-7300 | Delta - 800-221-1212 | Southwest - 800-435-9792 | United - 800-241-6522