Know Before You Go
Travel Advisory: The U.S. Department of Transportation has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones from all airline flights. Travelers may not transport devices on their person, in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage on flights to, from or within the U.S. This prohibition includes all Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices. The phones also cannot be shipped as air cargo. Read more on the DOT website.
Airport terminals are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Travelers are encouraged to contact their airline for ticket counter hours and required check-in times. Be sure to also allow extra time to complete the security screening process. In general, the recommended arrival time at the airport is 2 hours prior to departure time for domestic flights; 3 hours for international flights.
- Parking rates in long-term outdoor lots and garages are the same ($1 per half hour; $9 per day maximum). All parking facilities are security-patrolled and open 24/7. Cash, major debit and credit cards accepted. Lock out, battery jump and escort services are available. Garages are connected to the Terminals.
- Check-in at self-service kiosks near airline ticket counters. Delta and Southwest offer curbside check-in.
- Skycap and wheelchair assistance available on demand curbside at the airline ticket counters and baggage claim area. Pre-arranged services can be made through the airlines.
- Fuel up before your flight with healthy, tasty options at our full-service HMS Host restaurants and grab-and-go locations in the Main Lobby and Concourses.
- Pick up a newspaper, magazine or last-minute gift at our Hudson stores located in the Main Lobby and Concourses.
- Breeze through security by applying for TSA Pre✓™ online.
- Know your airline's checked bag policies and fees. Travelers may bring one carry-on bag and one personal item (purse, laptop, etc.) through screening. Visit TSA's website for permitted and prohibited items.
- Report lost items to Airport Police at 757-857-3823 or [email protected]
- Charge devices at stations in the Main Lobby and on the Concourses. High-speed, secure Wi-Fi is offered terminal-wide. Limited free, hourly and daily plans are available.
- Family restrooms located in the Arrivals Terminal, Main Lobby and Concourses.
- Pet relief area located outside the south ticketing lobby, Main Passenger Terminal.
- Automated external defibrillators (AED) located in the Arrivals Terminal, Main Lobby and Concourses.
- Use your smart device to view ORF's new and improved website takeorf.com for real-time flight status, parking, dining, shopping, visitor info, maps, weather and services.
- Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram for news and updates.
Need help? Volunteer ambassadors are ready with directions and information. Airport Police are on duty 24/7 to assist with special needs, hearing impaired phone and language translation services.
- Possession of e-cigarettes inside the terminals is not prohibited but the use of e-cigarettes must be conducted outside.