Norfolk Airport is open, safe and offers a variety of passenger service amenities. Seven airlines provide convenient access to hundreds of destinations.
Federal mandate requires wearing a mask at all times in the airport. Failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of Federal mandate and individuals may be subject to Federal penalties.
The CDC has issued updated guidance for fully-vaccinated travelers.
Currently, Virginia does not require proof of a negative COVID test for travelers departing or arriving from cities in the United States. For travel from Virginia, please confirm your destination’s travel requirements prior to departure. Read more at Virginia Department of Health.
Review information about travelers arriving from international destinations at Centers for Disease Control.
GBAC Star™ Facility Accreditation
Norfolk Airport Authority has successfully achieved GBAC Star™ facility accreditation as verified by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association. This accreditation is reserved for those facilities that demonstrate the superior ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from biorisk and infectious disease situations. Initiatives include:
- Establish and maintain a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- Exercise proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Train cleaning professionals for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY REMINDERS: Overhead announcements, video messages and posters give guidance on hand washing, face masks and social distancing in the airport terminals.
- PLASTIC SHIELDS: Plastic shields are in place in high-traffic areas, including airline ticket counters, TSA security checkpoints and other areas.
Travelers and visitors should follow best practice recommendations to stay healthy:
- While inside airport terminals, wear face masks, wash hands frequently and keep six feet of distance from others.
- Plan to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure time to allow for check-in and screening at TSA checkpoints.
- Print boarding passes at home or use mobile boarding passes to limit touch points.
The airlines serving Norfolk International Airport continue to adjust flight schedules based on demand. Travelers should confirm flight status with their airline:
- Airline ticket counters open 90 minutes before first scheduled departures.
- Check-in at self-service kiosks near airline ticket counters; Delta and Southwest offer curbside check-in.
- Wheelchair/skycap assistance is available on demand.
Norfolk International Airport’s general aviation operator, Signature Flight Support, is open 24 hours daily.
- TSA checkpoints open 90 minutes prior to first scheduled departures.
- Checkpoint hours will be adjusted to accommodate airline flight schedules.
DINING & RETAIL
- Starbucks (Lobby) – 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Starbucks (Concourse A) – 4:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Starbucks (Concourse B) – 5:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Back Bay Bistro (Concourse B) – 11 a.m. –6:00 p.m.
- Burger King (Lobby) – 5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Great American Bagel Bakery (Concourse A) – 5:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Local @ ORF (Lobby) – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- ORF|MKT (Concourse B) – 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- James River Grill (Concourse A) – 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- LaTapenade (Concourses A ) – 5:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Here’s to the Heroes (Concourse A) – 12:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Costa Coffee (Arrivals Terminal) – 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hudson News (Lobby) – 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Hudson News (Concourse A and B) – 4:00 a.m. – last outbound flights
- Discover Hampton Roads (Lobby) – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- FAO Schwarz (Concourse B) – 10 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
- Kids Works (Lobby) – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sweet Indulgence (Concourse A) – 10 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
- Tech On-The-Go (Concourse A) – 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- USO Welcome Center – Open 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Visitor Information Center – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Hourly and Daily parking available in Garage A, Daily parking available in Garages B, C, D and East parking lot. Cashier plazas and self-pay kiosks are open 24 hours daily to serve Garages A, B, C, D and Hourly parking lots. Self-pay kiosks are open 24 hours daily to serve the Daily East parking lot. For specific parking questions call 757-857-3340. Parking rates are the same for lots and garages.
Rental cars, taxi cabs and transportation network companies (Lyft, Uber) are located in the Arrivals Terminal.
Norfolk International Airport terminals are open 24 hours daily.